About Bayside Local exhibition
Bayside Local is an exhibition that showcases the work of accomplished artists demonstrating a link to Bayside.
- The exhibition will be held 28 January – 5 March 2023 at Bayside Gallery
- Applications close on Friday 4 November 2022, 11:59pm AEST
- We will notify all artists of the outcome of their application late November 2022
- If selected, artists are responsible for delivering their artwork to Bayside Gallery mid December 2022.
Selection criteria for adults applying for Bayside Local
Applications must fulfil the following selection criteria:
- Demonstrate a high standard of technical ability and conceptual awareness
- Demonstrate a coherent body of work that is ready and appropriate for public exhibition
- Artist must have exhibited work in the last 5 years
- Artwork must have been completed in the last 2 years
- Artist must demonstrate a link to Bayside. This can include living in Bayside or along the Bay, attending art classes locally, subject matter is local or having worked in the area.
- Artwork must be smaller than 200 x 200 cm
There is no theme or artwork medium, but those that present safety concerns or are offensive will not be considered. All 2D artworks must come prepared for hanging and display (suitably framed if applicable, or have D-rings attached to the back of the work) and be free of dirt and insect contamination.
Bayside Gallery does not facilitate artwork sales. Sales enquiries will be directed to the artist or their nominated representative.
The Curator reserves the right to reject incomplete or non-complying applications.
Submitting your artwork
- Please provide up to 5 300dpi JPG images and complete the list of artworks below.
- Images are to be labelled in the following format: Name_Surname_Title_date.jpg with underscores between words. eg. Charles_Conder_A_holiday_at_Mentone_1888.jpg
- Screen-based artworks should be submitted as easily playable MP4 files and be provided to Bayside Gallery via ShareFile in the below form.
- Files requiring the installation of special software or drivers may be disregarded.
All enquiries regarding your application, support material and general program information should be directed to the Customer Services Officer/Arts Administration, Customer & Cultural Services at Bayside Gallery on:
(03) 9261 7111 (during business hours)
Hero banner: Bayside Local 2021 installation view (detail). Photograph by Mark Ashkanasy.