In line with Bayside City Council’s economic support package for traders, a 50% reduction on the current fees will be applied for the 2021-22 footpath trading permits. Invoices will be issued in late August at the reduced rate, and the invoice will be payable by 28 February 2022
However, you still need to acquire a valid permit to commence footpath trading by completing this form.
When do I need this permit?
Local business owners and shop owners are required to hold a current footpath trading permit if they wish to place tables and chairs, goods for display or advertising signs on the footpath. Permits are for a 12 month period and expire 31 August each year.
Before you begin
It takes about 5 minutes to complete the form and you will need the following information:
- Name, address, email and phone details of a contact person and your business.
- List of eligible trading items.
- Image or diagram of the planned items in you footpath trading area.
- Signed copy of the indemnity and liability insurance forms.
Applications are usually processed within 7 days after being received.
After you submit the application
- Pay the application fee by Visa or Mastercard.
- A Local Laws Officer will assess the application.
- We may contact you for more information.
- We'll notify you of the decision on whether or not a permit can be granted.
For approved applications, you will be invoiced for the footpath trading items. Once payment is made, you will receive your initial permit by email (and mail if requested) and then you can trade with the requested items on the footpath.
What happens to my information?