Our COVID-19 small business economic response included:
- Fee waivers for food, health and street trading permits
- Fee waivers for open space/trainer permits for local commercial gyms, Pilates and yoga studios to operate in our parks.
- Rent deferrals for commercial tenants of Council owned buildings
- Rent assistance to commercial tenants
- Access to Council’s Hardship Policy to property rates on commercial properties where their business has been extensively impacted
- Support and information for all food, health and beauty businesses to transform their operations within COVID-19 health and safety guidelines
- Online tools to support businesses to develop e-commerce online services
- Promotional campaigns for local traders and activity centres
- Fast tracking payment of Council invoices to support our valued suppliers.
Australian Government support
Find out about the COVID-19 support available to businesses from the Australian Government.