Skip to main content

Does my child have to be immunised before enrolling in kindergarten?

Under the ‘No Jab, No Play’ legislation, before enrolling a child, you have to provide evidence that your child is up to date with all vaccinations that are due for their age, or able to receive, to your early childhood education and care services.

An immunisation history statement from the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) is the only form of documentation accepted for the purpose of enrolling in an early childhood education and care service. Previous forms of documentation, for example, a letter from a GP or local council, are no longer accepted.

Parents and carers can print a copy of their child’s Immunisation History Statement from their myGov account or:

• call the AIR on 1800 653 809

• visit a Medicare or Centrelink office.

Families who do not hold a Medicare card must call the AIR to request an immunisation history statement. A translating and interpreting service is available by calling 131 450, Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 4.45pm.