Advance Care Planning is for everyone
Bayside City Council recently partnered with Older Persons Advocacy Network (OPAN), to acknowledge Advance Care Planning week (21-27 March 2022) to hear from a panel about the benefits of advance care planning and how it keeps you in control of your health care as you age.
Advance care planning helps to ensure the people who care for you and support you know what your health and personal preferences are and that these preferences are respected.
What the session covered:
- The benefits of advance care planning.
- Resources and support services to help guide you.
- Resources for people with diverse needs including cultural, LGBTI and living with dementia.
- The advance care planning process and what it involves.
- Advance care planning and your aged care rights.
The Advance Care Planning Australia support service can be contacted on 1300 208 582 or visit their website for support materials including:
- Videos, guides and resources to start this important conversation
- Advance care planning in aged care factsheet and guide to support implementation community and residential settings
- Materials in 17 other languages
- Information for First Nations communities
- ACON’s new toolkit for LGBTQ+ people and carers on advance care planning