Obligations, staffing and behaviour information
- All workers are qualified and experienced.
- At least one worker on each activity has First Aid and anaphylaxis qualifications. First aid kits will be carried at all times.
- There will be a minimum of 1 staff member to every 11 participants.
- Staff are not responsible for young people outside the advertised activity time. Please be on time to avoid late departure for activities.
- The program operates on a warning system for unacceptable behaviour. A maximum of 3 warnings will be given before the participant’s enrolment is cancelled. If this happens no refund will be provided. Parents will be notified of all warnings issued.
- Participants are responsible for their own belongings. Bayside City Council will not be held responsible for the loss or misuse of property or spending money.
- To cater for all weather conditions we ask all young people wear appropriate clothing, including hats, sunscreen, long sleeve tops, raincoats and carry water bottles.
Can I claim the childcare benefit?
No, the school holiday program is a Youth Services program, and according to the Department of Education and Early Childhood it is not required to be an “Approved Service” under the National Education and Children’s Services Law Act 2010 and National Education and Children’s Services Regulations. All of our programs and groups work on developing the skills and independence of the young people who attend and is therefore not a childcare service.
Non-Bayside residents and students incur an additional daily fee
Non-Bayside residents and students may be able to access the school holiday program but are unable to access the Healthcare Card Holder discounted fees. The fees charged are for the activity cost, lunch and transport (when applicable). Non-Bayside user fees include the additional costs for administration and staff. If you live outside the Bayside LGA, please check with your local council to enquire about a similar program.
- Refunds will only be given in the event of illness/emergency with a medical certificate provided within one week of activity.
- No other alterations or transfers will be accepted as all payment is final at the time of booking.
- Full refunds will be given if the activity is cancelled for reasons out of our control.
All bookings are made online, meaning they can be completed on a computer, tablet or smart phone at your own convenience. If you do not have access to these Bayside City Council libraries can provide access with their public computers to members or visit Bayside City Council's Corporate Centre where a Youth Services staff member can assist you with the booking process.