The SMR Alliance was created by service providers to support better outcomes for older people through region-wide agency collaboration. The Alliance brings together the expertise, knowledge and experience (individual, agency, sector and partnership) of SMR agencies, their service delivery partners and other key aged-care stakeholders. The alliance provides a region-wide forum and 'voice' for organisations that seek to promote a strong partnership approach through effective information sharing and strategic, collaborative problem solving.
The alliance's purpose is to ensure older people receive high-quality, coordinated services that support their potential and wellbeing using a Wellness and Reablement approach and supporting diversity. The alliance will:
- Identify and prioritise strategic issues for the region, at a time of great change in aged care.
- Promote strategic, collaborative problem solving.
- Facilitate effective information and resource sharing.
- Advocate on policy issues, reducing duplication, building links and partnerships.
What does the alliance look like?
Within the alliance, there are working groups that involve members and other invited stakeholders. There is also a leadership group made up of managers representing different service sectors across the SMR. The Alliance meets bi-monthly.
Alliance leadership minutes
- February 2018 (DOCX, 687.45KB)
- November 2017 (DOCX, 650.86KB)
- July 2017 (DOCX, 229.86KB)
- May 2017 (DOCX, 231.10KB)
Leadership Group List
- SMR Alliance Group List (Jan 2018) (PDF, 425.00KB)
- SMR Alliance Group List (Jan 2018) (DOCX, 28.98KB)
To provide forums for staff involved in the delivery of aged care services and impacted by the aged care reform (specifically the My Aged Care and Commonwealth Home Care Support Program). This allows staff to come together to problem solve collectively in order to achieve a consistent approach to the delivery of the federal policy changes.
SMR Regional Alliance Forum/Expo 2017
- Forum/Expo summary document (DOCX, 103.61KB)
Please call the alliance administration on:
(03) 9599 4714
PClancy [at] bayside.vic.gov.au (subject: SMRA%20enquiry)