Our COVID-19 small business economic response includes:
- An immediate six (6) month rebate on fees for Food Act registrations and Footpath Trading permits.
- Three (3) month rent deferral to commercial tenants of Council owned buildings.
- Access to Council’s hardship policy to property rates on Commercial properties where their business has been extensively impacted.
To ensure a quick reimbursement Council staff will be contacting you within the next two weeks.
Australian Government support
As the COVID-19 situation continues to unfold we encourage you to be aware of the Australian Government's economic response to the Coronavirus - read the announcement here.
The economic support package includes an economic stimulus package for small business including:
- Increasing the instant asset right-off
- Boosting cash flow for employers
- Backing Business Investment
- Employer Finance and Business Obligations
- Support available for sole traders
Victorian Government support
All businesses across the state can access information on dealing with COVID-19 by calling the Business Victoria hotline on 13 22 15.
The Victorian Small Business Commission fact sheet on difficulty paying the rent fact sheet may also assist.
Information for food businesses
The Australian Government has prohibited all dining (inside and outside) in all cafes and restaurants to reduce the risk of Coronavirus (COVID-19). Only takeaway and delivery services are permitted.
We are strongly committed to assisting proprietors of local food businesses to remain open for business by transitioning to takeaway and delivery services.
Resources to assist you
How to keep food safe in your business including food hygiene, food handling, preventing food poisoning and much more
Materials to display in you food business
Stay up to date with the latest COVID-19/Coronavirus information from the Department of Health and Human Services