Business Advisory Service
Bayside City Council in collaboration with Box Hill Institute - Business Enterprise Centre (Box Hill BEC) is now offering the business community of Bayside with an advisory service. The Bayside Business Advisory Service (BBAS) is available as a crisis response to the COVID-19 pandemic and the impact that it is having on our local economy.
The BBAS will be an opportunity for business owners to confidentially discuss any issues and to start prioritising actions moving forward. During the session you will receive information on government assistance available and also discuss hibernation, where this is an option for your business.
Small Business Mentoring Service
Are you a local business owner or someone preparing to venture out and start your own business? Bayside offers free one-on-one business mentoring sessions through the Small Business Mentoring Service, where you can discuss roadblocks or seek advice and support from experienced business mentors at any stage of your journey. Mentoring sessions are available monthly at various locations around Bayside.
To help you get the foundational components of your business together, Business Victoria have helpful tips and to get a clear understanding of the legal and regulatory frameworks that your business will need to comply with. There are no charges for using this service and assistance covers a range of areas, including:
- Access to Department of State Development, Business and Innovation publications.
- Shop trading laws.
- Victorian, local and commonwealth government licences, permits, registrations.
- Victorian legislated references to codes of practice that are relevant to the starting and running of your business.
- How to do business online.
- Business name registration and licensing.
- Intellectual property issues.
- Business mentoring and counselling services.
- Export and import details.
- Innovation initiatives.
- Business development.
- Business support.
Apply for a business tax file number, an ABN, GST or other types of licenses and registration for business through the Australian Tax Office.
You can register a business name through the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC).