Bayside residents can dispose of the following materials free of charge. Items must be separated and placed in designated areas:
- aluminium and steel cans
- glass and plastic bottles
- milk and juice cartons
- paper and cardboard (commercial quantities will incur a fee)
- wine bottle corks
- car batteries
- scrap metal and white goods
- LPG gas bottles
- household paint – empty or full paint tins up to 20 litres (commercial quantities not accepted)
- household fluorescent tubes (commercial quantities not accepted)
- household light globes compact fluorescent globes (commercial quantities not accepted)
- e-waste – printers, monitors, central processing units of computers
Charges will apply to:
- general hard rubbish
- green waste
- building and demolition or renovation materials
- motor & hydraulic oil, mattresses and;
You can buy garden and building supplies at the centre, including soils, sands, mulches and pebbles.
Materials not accepted
- putrescible waste
Please note, in extreme weather conditions and at times of high winds, the centre may be closed to ensure public health and safety.
If winds are high, please call (03) 9585 4385 before you leave to check if the centre is accepting waste.
Location map and opening times
144 Talinga Road, Cheltenham
(03) 9585 4385
Open 7 days from 8am to 4pm
Closed Good Friday, Christmas Day, New Years Day and days of high wind.