Things to remember when walking your dog
- It is an offence not to take sufficient bags with you and pick up after your dog.
- Always walk your dog on leash, unless in a designated off leash area.
- You can only walk up to four dogs at once.
- Dogs are prohibited entry to some parks and reserves, check signage before entry.
- Make sure your dog is wearing its Council registration tag.
It is also a good idea to bring items your dog may enjoy like water, treats or a favourite toy/ball while out and about.
Your responsibilities in off-leash areas
- Dogs must be on a chain, cord or leash if the dog is within 20 metres of:
- a children’s play equipment area
- an area where a public meeting is being held
- a permanently designated barbeque and picnic area
- an area where an organised sporting event is taking place.
- Dogs must be on leash in all car parks.
- It is still your responsibility to take bags and pick up after your dog.
- Owners must have effective control of their dog at all times. You must be able to recall your dog promptly and place it back on a leash if the need arises.
Places to walk your dog
- Beaumaris and Black Rock
- Brighton and Brighton East
- Cheltenham and Sandringham
- Hampton, Hampton East and Highett
You can also download the places to walk your dog map (PDF, 372.02KB).