What is accepted at the Waste and Recycling Centre?
Bayside residents can dispose of the following materials free of charge. Items must be separated and placed in designated areas:
- aluminium and steel cans
- glass and plastic bottles
- milk and juice cartons
- paper and cardboard (quantities up to a boot-load will be accepted free of charge. Anything larger will be deemed as a commercial load and will incur a fee)
- wine bottle corks
- household batteries
- car batteries
- scrap metal and white goods
- LPG gas bottles
- household paint – empty or full paint tins up to 20 litres (commercial quantities not accepted)
- household fluorescent tubes (commercial quantities not accepted)
- household light globes compact fluorescent globes (commercial quantities not accepted)
- e-waste – printers, monitors, central processing units of computers.
Charges apply to
- general hard rubbish
- green waste
- building and demolition or renovation materials
- motor & hydraulic oil, mattresses
- some e-waste items.
- computer parts (hard drives, motherboards, CPU’s and CD driver)
- computer accessories (keyboards, mouse, joysticks and web cameras)
- tables and notebooks
You can also buy garden and building supplies at the centre, including soils, sands, mulches and pebbles.
Materials not accepted
- waste that can decay (e.g. food waste).
Location and opening times
Change to open days
Open Monday to Friday from 8am to 4pm. Closed weekends and public holidays.
144 Talinga Road, Cheltenham VIC 3192
(03) 9585 4385
High winds may close the centre
Please note, in extreme weather conditions and at times of high winds, the centre may be closed to ensure public health and safety.
If winds are high, please call (03) 9585 4385 before you leave to check if the centre is accepting waste.
For other items register with Sustainability Victoria
For more toxic household items such as pool chemicals, pesticides, cooking oil and many other items register at any of Sustainability Victoria’s mobile collections held conveniently throughout the year.
To discover what other items are accepted visit Sustainability Victoria's website.
You can also contact Sustainability Victoria on 1300 363 744.