We aim to:
- Provide flexible, responsive and high quality services.
- Include your views in the planning and management of the service.
- Assist you to maintain your optimum level of independence.
- Provide services in an environment that is safe for you and our staff.
What we do
Services may include:
- Domestic assistance. Assistance with household jobs to help keep your house clean and safe.
- Meals and shopping. Help with shopping and preparing meals or delivering meals to your home.
- Personal care. Help with bathing or showering and dressing.
- Home maintenance. Minor general repairs, e.g. changing light bulbs or replacing tap washers.
- Home modification. Minor installation of safety aids such as rails and ramps in your home.
- Social support. Social activities in a community-based group setting, including lunches at local venues, bus outings and group activities at local centres.
- Respite care. Support for you and your carer to give your carer the opportunity to attend to everyday activities while ensuring you have support at hand.
- Transport. Help to get out and about for shopping, to community centres or medical appointments.
Our community care services handbook provides further information on our services and also the statement of rights and responsibilities for you and for Bayside City Council.
All our staff are committed to providing quality support services. All staff have relevant qualifications for the tasks they perform and receive regular ongoing training. They also undergo a police check prior to commencement, and at regular intervals thereafter.
The cost of services is in accordance with your income with fees set on a sliding fee scale. No eligible client will be denied access to services as a result of their financial situation or ability to pay.
Make a payment at pay a health or community care bill.