The Young People of Bayside art awards are back for 2022 with the theme 'The Community Around Us". Please read the terms and conditions of entry below. Click here to submit your entry: Young People of Bayside Art Awards submission form
Community Choice award competition:
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Who can enter
2. Entry is only open to Bayside residents.
3. Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter (Bayside City Council) to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion.
4. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter including Bayside City Council staff and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or stepchild (whether natural or by adoption), parent, stepparent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, stepbrother, stepsister or first cousin.
When to enter
5. The competition commences on Tuesday 2August 9:00am (AEDT) and closes on Friday 21 October 2022 at 7:00pm (AEDT) (“the Competition Period”).
6. Entries must be received by the Promoter by the competition close date and time.
How to enter
6. To enter, individuals must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
a) Like the Bayside City Council Youth Services Facebook page (or have previously Liked the page prior to the Competition Period)
b) Like a photo of their favourite art image in the 2022 Young People of Bayside Art Exhibition Facebook album.
c) if the entrant does not have Facebook, they can email Bayside Youth Services, email@example.com and sign up for the newsletter and inform Council of their vote, instead of liking their favourite image.
7. Competition prizes are:
$30 Menu Log voucher for one entrant/voter
$50 Melbourne Artist Supplies’ Voucher for the artist with the most likes on their image.
Validity of the prizes cannot be extended, and prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Prizes are subject to terms and conditions as specified.
8. The winners will need to contact or visit businesses directly to book/redeem their prizes. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prizes are not included. Redemption of the prizes is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer.
9. The prizes must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winners are unable to use the prizes as stated. If the winners are unable to satisfy these terms and conditions, or a prize is not utilised or able to be taken within the specified timeframe, the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu.
10. The prize, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable, exchangeable, refundable or redeemable for cash. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
11. In participating in the prizes, the winners agree to participate and cooperate as required in all editorial activities relating to the promotion, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners grant the Promoter a perpetual and nonexclusive license to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
How to win
13. Each entrant who has entered the competition over the Competition Period in accordance with clause 2 to 9 will be entered into the running to win. The prize draw will take place at Bayside City Council, 76 Royal Avenue, Sandringham on Monday 24 October 2022 at 11:00am (AEDT).
14. The winner will be chosen from a random draw of entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Prizes will be allocated in the order in which they are drawn.
15. The winners will be announced on the Bayside City Council Facebook account within three business days of the draw. A direct message will be sent to the winners to request an email address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond within 14 days of being announced, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and Bayside City Council shall be entitled to draw another winner in accordance with the process described above (and that winner will have to respond to notification of their win within 14 days or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the winner’s prize will be forfeited, and Bayside City Council shall be entitled to draw another winner.
16. The winners’ first name will be published on the Bayside City Council Facebook page.
17. The Promoter’s announcement is final, and no correspondence will be entered.
18. The winner must, on request by the Promoters, be able to provide evidence which, to the reasonable satisfaction of the Promoters, demonstrates that the winner is an eligible entrant and has complied with these Terms and Conditions.
19. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winners must sign any legal documentation as and, in the form, required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
20. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process.
21. Winners consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
22. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law a) to disqualify any entrant; or b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
23. Bayside City Council and associated agencies and companies will take no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries, or for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
24. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
25. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”).
This contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Facebook. Sharing on social media is suggested, but not required.
26. The Promoter is Bayside City Council, 76 Royal Avenue, Sandringham VIC 3191
Entering the awards
- Artwork accepted into the 2022 Young People of Bayside Art Exhibition can include but is not limited to: drawing, craft, graphics, mixed-media, photography, sculptures, textiles and computer-generated art. Moving images will not be accepted.
- Artwork will be on display on the Bayside City Council website and social media platforms and in the Bayside City Council Corporate Centre at 76 Royal Avenue Sandringham 3191. Submissions must be appropriate to be displayed on a public website and Council building. Artwork that Bayside City Council deems inappropriate will not be displayed. Artists will be contacted if the artwork is not accepted.
- This exhibition is a celebration of diverse artwork, young people, gender, suburbs, schools and abilities. Unless the artwork is deemed inappropriate (as stated above) all artwork will be accepted and displayed on Bayside City Council website and promoted on social media sites.
- Submissions are accepted from Friday 10 June 2022 to 5pm Wednesday 27 July 2022. Late submissions will not be accepted after these dates. Physical submissions must be delivered to the Bayside City Council Corporate Centre (76 Royal Avenue, Sandringham, 3191) between 9am Wednesday 27 July - 5pm Friday 29 July.
- Artists must be 10-25 years old with a connection to Bayside (live, work, study, recreate). Artists outside the municipality without a connection to Bayside will not be accepted. Artists under the age of 18 must obtain their parent or guardian’s consent by way of the signature when indicated to do so.
- Entries must be submitted through the online submission form.
- One art piece will be accepted per artist. Artwork must not exceed 1m x 1m in size.
- Artists and/or parents/guardians authorise Bayside City Council to share photos of your artwork, your first name, age and description of the artwork on the Bayside City Council website and Bayside City Council Facebook page. Photos will be reproduced for promotional purposes for this event including print and digital formats.
- Artwork can be sold as part of this exhibition. Youth Services will contact the artist and/or their parent guardian if they have expressed to sell their artwork. Members of the public who enquire about purchasing artwork will email firstname.lastname@example.org and details will be passed to the artist or their parent and/or guardian. It will be at the discretion of a parent and/or guardian to contact the interested buyer. Bayside City Council will not be part of the negotiation, selling, or delivery of artwork. Artists and buyers enter into these agreements independent of Bayside City Council.