Coastal Indigenous trail
The Coastal Indigenous trail signs and sculptures provide insight into the works and the social customs of Indigenous people.
Each of the trail signs and sculptures are based on stories authored by Boon Wurrung Elder, Carolyn Briggs.
The Coastal Indigenous trail signs and sculptures demonstrate a direct relationship with the Indigenous people and the coastal environment and are located in positions that enhance and compliment this rich cultural heritage.
Bayside Coastal Indigenous Trail (PDF, 1.18MB)
Signs on the trail:
- 01 Boon wurrung Landscape
- 02 Journey of the Eel
- 03 Journey of the Boon wurrung Women
- 04 The Boon wurrung people of the Peninsula
- 05 Last Arweets - Derrimut and Benbow
- 06 Natural Resources of the Boon wurrung
- 07 Bullarto N'yoweenth (Plenty of Sun)
- 08 Louisa Briggs - Living Across Two Worlds
- 09 The Time of Chaos
- 10 The Time of Change
- 11 Ochre Pits
- 12 Barraimal (Emu)
- 13 The Constellation
- 14 The Ancient Yarra River with Bunjil’s eggs
- 15 Boon wurrung Blossom
Page last updated: 10 Sep 2013