Pensioner concession for rates
Victorian home owners with eligible concession cards can claim a deduction on Council rates for their principle place of residence. This concession offers a discount on municipal rates up to a yearly maximum of $253.20 for 2022-23.
To be able to claim a concession on your rates and charges you must ensure that:
- You have one of the eligible concession cards and your card is valid at the time of application.
- You are the person responsible for payment of the account.
- Your name is on the rate notice.
- Your name and address on the account must match that on the concession card, and the address must be your principal place of residence.
- Pensioner Concession Card - Issued by Centrelink or the Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card - War Widow/er (WW)
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card - Totally and Permanently Incapacitated (TPI)
Please note that health care and seniors cards are not accepted.
Apply for the concession
Please complete the application form and include a copy of the front of your concession card.
Email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Post your application to: Bayside City Council, PO Box 27, Sandringham VIC 3191
EDA & POW card holders
Holders of Veteran's Affairs' Gold Cards given for Extreme Disablement Adjustment (EDA) or Prisoner of War (POW) should phone the Concession information line on 1800 658 521 (toll free) for an application form or download the application from the DFFH website below. The Victorian Government provides this concession directly to these cardholders. The form should be completed and sent to DFFH at the address listed on the form.
The Fire Services Property Levy Act 2012 provides a $50 concession on an eligible (EDA) and (POW) cardholder’s principal place of residence for the fire services levy. Please contact Revenue Services on 9599 4444 for further information.