Skip to main content

Planning application status

Search for an application

Start typing the address or permit application number and select from the drop down options.

View and object to planning applications online

How can I view a Planning Permit application? 

View an application using the search bar above using the property address or planning permit application number.

If you require assistance from one of our planners, you can view the currently advertised applications at our office, 76 Royal Avenue Sandringham, from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. Alternatively, you can call our Planning Department on (03) 9599 4666 for assistance.

Who can view or object to a planning permit application?

If a planning permit application is currently advertised, all community members have the opportunity to view it, raise any issues or concerns and register their objection or support.

How do I make an objection?

It is important to clearly understand the proposal first. Once you have viewed the advertised documents you can lodge your support or objection online or by mail.

Making an effective submission


Further information is available on making an effective submission in the guide below. 

Guide to making an effective submission

Object online

Make an online objection

By mail

You can write a letter clearly explaining why you object and how you would be affected.

Send it by the due date to:

The Planning Department
Bayside City Council
PO Box 27
Sandringham VIC 3191.

Are objections publicly available?

All objections are publicly available to view in our Sandringham office. All contact information with the exception of name and address will be redacted.

Redacted copies of objections can also be sent to the permit applicant on request.

What happens next if objections are lodged to a planning permit application?

Both the permit applicant and any objectors will be kept informed as the application progresses.

If you do not hear anything for a number of weeks, please rest assured that no decision has been made. It is likely that the application is at a holding stage whilst the applicant considers their options in light of objector and/or Council concerns.

If objections are received the application would generally take one of the following courses:

  • The applicant may attempt to make contact to see if your concerns can be alleviated through private negotiations (whether or not you engage in such discussions is entirely up to the individual parties).
  • If the total number of objections does not exceed two, the application will likely progress to the decision stage. Please note that should this be the case, all objections and submissions will be taken into account prior to making this decision and will be addressed in the delegate report which describes how Council came to its decision.
  • If the total number of objections is three or greater, and the applicant is willing to engage, a community consultation meeting or information session may be held online or at Council offices to discuss the application further.
  • If the number of objections remains at three or more at the decision stage, and the planning department is of the view to support the application, the application would be decided by the Councillors at a Planning and Amenity Committee meeting. Applicants and objectors will be invited and given an opportunity to put forward their views. Learn about the process in the following video.

Objection withdrawals

If changes are made to the application and / or your original issues have been addressed, you are able to withdraw your objection at any time using the following form:

Completed objection withdrawal forms can be submitted to Council via email to 

What happens if a decision is made that I disagree with?

If a decision is made on an application that you disagree with you can appeal to VCAT for a review of Council’s decision.

Privacy Statement

Your submission/objection and the personal information is collected by Council for the purposes of the planning process as set out in the Planning and Environment Act 1987 (PE Act).

If you do not provide your name and address, Council will not be able to consider your submission/objection.

Your submission/objection will be available at the Council office for any person to inspect and copies may be made available on request to any person for the relevant period set out in the PE Act. You must not submit any personal information or copyright material of third parties without their informed consent. By submitting the material, you agree that the use of the material as detailed above does not breach any third party’s right to privacy and copyright.