Planning, building and urban strategy
Are you making alterations on an existing property, or building a new dwelling? Find out how to get planning advice and apply for planning permits and amendments.
Information about undertaking building works, getting the right approvals, and keeping your property safe.
- What building approval do I need?
- How do I get building consent?
- How do I get a building permit?
- Building over an easement
- Legal point of discharge
- Do I need an asset protection permit?
- How do I get my asset protection refund?
- How do I get a public event or entertainment permit?
- How do I request building information about a property?
- What building standards apply to my property?
- How to plant on your nature strip
- Pool and spa safety
- Protecting adjoining properties
- Public asset engineering drawings
- Building forms and applications
- Cladding information
- Information privacy request
Find out how we're managing urban growth, supporting business and promoting sustainable development.
- Current Urban Planning Projects
- Current Amendments
- Subscribe for Project/Amendment Updates
- Planning Scheme Incorporated and Background Documents
- Heritage Documents
- Neighbourhood Character Documents
- Structure and Development Plans
- Other Strategic Planning Documents