Planning, building and urban strategy
Are you making alterations on an existing property, or building a new dwelling? Find out how to get a planning permit.
- Do I need a planning permit?
- What is the planning permit process?
- 1. Discuss a project with a planner
- 2. Lodge a planning application
- 3. We will review your application and provide feedback
- 4. Your application may be advertised
- 5. You may have a consultation meeting
- 6. A decision is made about your application
- 7. You can appeal to VCAT
- 8. Comply with your permit conditions
- Amend a planning permit or application
- How to create a landscape plan
- Planning application processing times
- Planning permit fees
- Planning application and amendment forms
- View or object to a planning application
- Sustainable design
Building permits and services
Information about undertaking building works, getting the right approvals, and keeping your property safe.
- What building approval do I need?
- How do I get building consent?
- How do I get a building permit?
- Building over an easement
- Legal point of discharge
- Do I need an asset protection permit?
- How do I get my asset protection refund?
- How do I get a public event or entertainment permit?
- How do I request building information about a property?
- What building standards apply to my property?
- How to plant on your nature strip
- Pool and spa safety
- Protecting adjoining properties
- Public asset engineering drawings
- Building forms and applications
- Cladding information
- Information privacy request
Find out how we're managing urban growth, supporting business and promoting sustainable development.
- Current urban planning projects
- Current amendments
- Other relevant strategic planning documents
- Subscribe for amendment updates
- Urban strategy reference documents