Skip to main content

Planning permit application fees

Planning permit application fees vary depending on the type of development you are undertaking.

Understanding the types of fees applicable to your application can be complicated. If you need assistance please call us on (03) 9599 4666.

What are the fees?

You can view the current planning fees online at the Department of Transport and Planning

Or you can download them:

When do fees need to be paid?

All applicable fees need to be paid in full when lodging your application.

What fees can be paid online?

You can pay certain fees online via our e-council portal. To do this you will need the reference number on your notice (e.g. 5.2017.1599.1).

Online payments available are:

You can also request and pay for other services such as:

What other ways can application fees be paid?

Planning permit application fees can be paid over the counter at our Sandringham office in business hours or by cheque via post.

In person

Bayside City Council
76 Royal Avenue
Sandringham VIC 3191

By post

The Planning Department
Bayside City Council
PO Box 27
Sandringham VIC 3191

Are there any other fees I should be aware of?

If your planning permit application is for a development values over $1,133,000 you may be required to pay the Metropolitan Planning Levy which has been set by the State Government.

Read more about the Metropolitan Planning Levy.

If your planning permit application is for a multi-dwelling, new commercial or non-residential development you may also be required to pay a Drainage Development Contribution.

Read more about the Drainage Development Contributions Plan.

Who sets the fees?

The State Government sets planning and subdivision fees in accordance with the Planning and Environment (Fees) Regulations 2016. You can find more information on the Victorian State Government website.

Where can I find more information on planning permit fees?

Further information on fees can be found at