We’re looking for special people! Volunteer Community Visitors who can make a real difference to the life of an older person suffering from isolation and loneliness.
Southern Metropolitan Melbourne
As a Volunteer Community Visitor at Better Health Network (BHN), you will be part of the Meaningful Connections Program - a team of dedicated, engaged and passionate volunteers who make positive impact on the lives of the people they visit.
Better Health Network (BHN) is a not-for-profit organisation providing a wide range of services to support healthy living, general wellbeing and social connection in our community.
Meaningful Connections is a government-funded program that matches a volunteer visitor with a lonely or isolated older person living in an aged care facility or in their own home. The Volunteer and resident are matched according to similar interests or background. The visits are regular and purely social, with the intention of developing an ongoing friendship and social connectedness.
What makes a Volunteer Community Visitor special?
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Interest in, or experience working with older people or adults with disability
- Reliability and flexibility
- Patience, empathy and understanding
- The ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
We value our Volunteers – Here’s what we can offer you
- The opportunity to be part of one of Victoria’s largest community health organisations, with access to other voluntary and paid positions within the organisation
- Experience in the Aged Care Sector
- Access to discounted gym membership
- Access to training opportunities
- A supportive, friendly, caring team environment
- Inclusion in our Reward & Recognition Program
- Inclusion in all our volunteer events including bi-monthly social/learning sessions, Volunteer Week events and more
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
We have multiple volunteer positions available throughout Southern Metropolitan Melbourne (including Mornington Peninsula) so you can volunteer close to home.
All new Volunteers must undergo a Police Check and Working With Children’s Check and be able to commit to the role for 12 months. We provide full training and support.
At BHN, we are passionate about diversity and encourage applications from any background.
Apply now or contact us to learn more.
Ph: 03 8587 0322
335 Nepean Highway
Police Check and Working With Children Check
Weekly time commitment:
1 hour per fortnight
Better Health Network
03 8587 0322