Home Library Service
The Bayside Home Library Service provides free deliveries of library materials to Bayside residents. This personalised service offers individual items to suit your reading, listening and viewing interests. Home Library Service volunteers deliver the items to you each month.
What does the Home Library Service provide?
- Books, magazines and other library materials delivered to the door.
- Volunteers deliver books and other materials to retirement villages and accommodation facilities.
Who can use the Home Library Service?
- Bayside residents who live at home or in a care facility, and are unable to visit or have someone take them to a library, or borrow on their behalf.
- Community members wanting to use the service will be assessed to ensure they meet the eligibility criteria.
How does the Home Library Service operate?
- Home Library Service visits are scheduled monthly on the same day.
- Delivery times may vary due to volunteers’ commitments.
- Extra visits are not possible due to staffing constraints.
- The borrower needs to be home to accept delivery of their books/items. If this is not possible, patrons are expected to phone the library to make other arrangements.
- Home Library Service patrons should return items in good condition. If items are lost or damaged then borrowers will be responsible for the replacement.
What can I borrow?
- You can borrow up to 15 items from the libraries extensive collection of fiction, non-fiction, large print and regular print, magazines, books on audio CDs, DVDs, music CDs and items in languages other than English.
- Home Library Service clients are encouraged to provide their reading tastes and attempts to accommodate their requests will be made.
- Council operates a community bus and some customers may be eligible for this service.
Membership to the Bayside Home Library Service will be reviewed annually.
How do I apply?
You can download the form below as an Adobe PDF document:
Delivery service membership application form (PDF, 126.19KB)
Complete and mail to:
Bayside Home Library Service
14 Wilson Street
Brighton VIC 3186