Skip to main content

Registering guide or customs dogs

Guide dogs and dogs used by a Government Agency are required to be registered with us.

Fee exemptions for guide dogs and government authorities

Fees are not required to register the following dogs:

  • a dog being used as a guide dog by a visually or hearing impaired person
  • a dog being trained as a guide dog by an approved organisation
  • a dog working with a person who is carrying out duties for a Department or Agency of the State or Commonwealth

How to register

To register you will need documentation of microchipping (compulsory) and desexing (if applicable).

You will need to complete an animal registration form and return it to us.

Animal Registration Form

In person

Bayside City Council Corporate Centre
76 Royal Avenue
Sandringham VIC 3191
between 8.30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.

By mail

Bayside City Council
PO Box 27
Sandringham VIC 3191

Once the registration is complete, a registration tag will be posted to you.