If you are planning to renovate, extend, subdivide or do other works on your property, arrange a pre-application meeting with us to get the right information and help avoid unnecessary delays or surprises.
We can provide you with valuable advice about your proposal and indicate whether planning permission is likely to be granted.
How we can help you
Our pre-application advice service will help you to:
- have a clearer idea about whether your planning application is likely to be successful
- avoid the cost of a planning application if your proposal is likely to be unsuccessful
- ensure a better quality application submission, with better outcomes and ultimately a better built development
- reduce the time your professional advisors have to spend on your planning proposal.
We offer different levels of pre-application advice. For information of each level of service and to find out which level you should use, please view our pre-application advice service page.
The fee for each service is also tiered depending on the level of advice required. Please see our pre-application advice charges page for further information.
Suitable for single-property and simple dual-occupancy residential developments.
- Discuss pre-application project with a planner (via phone or video call during COVID-19 restrictions)
- No written response
- No fee
- Timeframe – planner to make contact within 10 business days.
Suitable for more complex residential developments eg 3 or more dwellings, commercial developments, apartment developments.
- Meeting with planner
- Written response provided following meeting
- Fee - $255.00
- Timeframe – planner to make contact within 3 business days, meeting to be arranged within 10 business days with written response provided five working days after meeting.
Suitable for complex mixed-use developments, large scale residential or commercial development.
- Referral to relevant internal departments
- Meeting with planner
- Written response including application requirements
- Fee - $2,000
- Confirmation that if all the requested information is provided with the formal application, it will proceed straight to notification once the application has been lodged and the fee paid. Disclaimer: this is irrespective of any issues and concerns raised that haven’t been addressed. The application may still be refused if there are concerns which have not been satisfactorily addressed.
- Timeframe – planner to make initial contact within 3 business days, meeting to be arranged within 10 business days with written response provided 5 business days after meeting.
To complete this form you will need
- A full set of plans (draft site analysis and proposal is acceptable)
- Certificate of title
To better help you, we suggest you provide photos of site and surrounds and any supporting reports.
What are the next steps?
Once we receive your information, a planner will contact you to discuss your application.