Apply to use a sportsground for pre-season training
When are the grounds available?
Pre-season training on Council sportsgrounds will be permitted (subject to suitable sportsground conditions) upon application and written Council approval.
Pre-season access - Winter 2023:
Pre-season applications OPEN: Wednesday 21 December 2022
Pre-season applications CLOSE: Monday 23 January 2023
Pre-season access starts: Monday 30 January 2023
Pre-season access - Summer 2023:
Pre-season applications OPEN: Monday 10 July 2023*
Pre-season applications CLOSE: Monday 7 August 2023*
Pre-season access starts: Monday 14 August 2023*
*Subject to change
All dates provided are subject to current club usage.
Clubs may apply for a maximum of 2 sessions per week, with a maximum of 2 hours per session, subject to ground assessments and availability.
Before applying please check that your club has:
- Paid any outstanding debts with Bayside City Council.
- A public liability insurance certificate of currency to the value of $20 million.
- An understanding of the pre-season code of conduct.
- Received written approval from current allocated tenant club.
- Read through our Sports Facility Users Guide:
Can I use the ground for a practice match?
Practice matches are strictly NOT available on allocated sportsgrounds during preseason. Penalties apply.