Friends of Donald MacDonald Reserve need you
Thursday 14 September 2023
The Friends of Donald MacDonald Reserve are seeking a convenor to co-ordinate volunteers at the Beaumaris site.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to make a positive impact on your local environment, learn about the unique flora and fauna, and connect and engage with nature amongst an active community of like-minded people.
Donald MacDonald Reserve is a 6-hectare area of remnant bushland in Beaumaris and has a key role in Bayside’s bushland and open space network. As convenor of the Reserve, you will be tasked with:
- Cultivating inclusiveness and cohesion within the group
- Being the main point of contact to receive enquiries and provide support to current members
- Encouraging participation in the Friends of Bayside program from members of their group, such as writing articles for Banksia Bulletin
- Helping transfer information form Citywide to the group in regard to training, upcoming works, social events and feedback
- Recruiting, welcoming and supporting new members
- Liaising with Citywide and the Bayside Environmental Volunteer Support Officer in matters relating to specific group needs and ideas
- Participate in drafting an annual Action Plan for the reserve
The Friends of Donald MacDonald Reserve are also seeking volunteers to assist with activities such as seed gathering, weeding, planting of indigenous species, watering and litter collection.
Working bees, which will be supervised by Citywide, are normally held on the first Wednesday of every month, between 10am – 12pm. However, this time could be made flexible for the new convenor.
As a Bayside volunteer you will have opportunities for further education and training, invitations to events and recognition for your contribution through BCC volunteer program.
For further information contact Anna Malone, Bayside’s Environmental Volunteer Support Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 9599 4815