Bayside City Council is working to support our community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Support for residents
We are here to support residents experiencing isolation, hardship or vulnerability due to COVID-19.
Services available include emergency food relief, delivered meals, referral to specialist agencies, social connections program and help with shopping and in home care. Contact us on 9599 4444 or email our friendly relief team.
Residents experiencing financial difficulties can defer rates payments with no penalty interest for up to 12 months under Council’s hardship policy. Many residents have already accessed the policy for rates payment arrangements.
Council is offering extended payment terms for our Community Services clients.
Bayside Libraries provide a range of services to access from home if you can't visit us in person. This includes a huge collection of online resources, Click and Collect book reservations, Home Library service and more.
Find out more about Council services and COVID-19.
Support for business
Council is assisting local businesses to support them during this challenging period by:
- Working with local businesses to expand outdoor trading areas
- Fee waivers for food, health and street trading permits
- Fee waivers for open space/trainer permits for local commercial gyms, Pilates and yoga studios to operate in our parks.
- Rent deferrals for commercial tenants of Council owned buildings and repayment to commence a year later
- Rent assistance to commercial tenants
- Access to Council’s Hardship Policy to property rates on commercial properties where their business has been extensively impacted
- Support and information for all food, health and beauty businesses to transform their operations within COVID-19 health and safety guidelines
- Online tools to support businesses to develop e-commerce online services
- Promotional campaigns for local traders and activity centres
- Fast tracking payment of Council invoices to support our valued suppliers.
Support for community groups and sports clubs
- Council provided fee relief to sports clubs/organisations impacted by COVID-19 including fee waivers for sportsground and pavilion allocations fees.
Council’s support package complements the wide range of Australian and Victorian government economic and financial support measures available to residents, groups and businesses.
Find out more about Victorian Government support for business due to COVID-19
Find out more about Australian Government support for business due to COVID-19
As a local government organisation Council does not qualify for any of the economic support announced by the Victorian and Australian Governments. Despite this, Council is committed to supporting our community through the COVID-19 pandemic and managing the financial impact on Council operations.