Skip to main content

Complaints, feedback and surveys

We believe it is important that we hear your feedback and see this as an opportunity for us to improve the services we offer to the community.

Give feedback

We have developed a simple online form to make it easy for you to pass on your feedback.

Use this form to provide general feedback to Council.

Provide feedback online

Surveying our community

We survey our community to gain a greater understanding of how we're doing so we can improve our customer experience.

We often send surveys via email following a service request. We also conduct a community satisfaction survey each year during March and April by door-knocking residents to ask about their experiences with our broad range of our services and facilities.

We will never ask for sensitive information, such as your financial details.

To confirm if a survey is from Bayside City Council, you can Contact Us and we'll advise if we are actively surveying.

Give a compliment

Have you experienced great service? Is there a staff member who went above and beyond? Let us know by filling out our Contact Us form.

Provide compliment online


We encourage customers to tell us when their experience with Council has not met their expectations.

Read our customer commitment

Read our Complaints Handling Policy 

What is a complaint?

You can make a complaint if you are dissatisfied with a decision made, the service we provide or when we have failed to comply with our policies or procedures. You can also make a complaint if you are unhappy with the actions of Council (representatives, employees or contractors).

For assistance with community related complaints (noise, animals, parks, footpaths, building concerns, etc.) visit our Report a problem page.

How do I make a complaint?

There are several ways that you can make a complaint to Council:

  • Make a complaint online
  • Call 9599 4444 and talk to our customer service team. We’re ready to take your call on weekdays from 8.30am – 5pm.
  • Visit us in person at 76 Royal Avenue, Sandringham.

Accessible options:

What to expect

When we receive your complaint we will assess the information available and decide the most appropriate course of action. We will attempt to resolve your complaint the first time you contact us, however some matters are more complex and take a little longer to resolve.

If we are unable to resolve your complaint in the first instance, we will provide an acknowledgement within 3 working days advising the contact details including the name and department of the officer responsible for your complaint. Your complaint will be investigated by the responsible officer and they will respond to you within 10 working days.   

We will keep you informed and you can enquire about the progress of your complaint at any time by contacting the responsible officer. Alternatively, you can use our Contact Us form and include the reference number provided when you made your complaint.  

Who can I contact if I am not satisfied with the resolution offered?

If you are unsatisfied with the resolution provided or believe that your complaint has been handled incorrectly during the investigation level,  you may request that the complaint be referred to a higher level for an internal review.  An internal review is an impartial review of a decision by a more senior Council officer who was not involved in taking the action, providing the service or making the decision that the complaint relates to.   

If you are still unsatisfied with our attempts to resolve your complaint internally, you may wish to express your concerns to the Victorian Ombudsman.  However, before you contact the Ombudsman, we would like the opportunity to address your complaint first.