Skip to main content

How do I access services?

Find out how to access our services via Commonwealth funded aged care support

Image of two seniors looking at laptop. Male senior is sitting in wheelchair and the woman is standing behind him.

Step 1: Assessment through My Aged Care  

To check whether you are eligible for Commonwealth funded supports, you can either go to the My Aged Care eligibility checker or call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422. Once eligibility is determined, the My Aged Care team will arrange a free home assessment. At this visit you will be asked about your routine, any challenges or health concerns you might have, as well as any support you need. To apply for a home assessment, visit My Aged Care online.


Step 2: Receive your Assessment Results  

At your home assessment, your Aged Care Assessor will advise you of the outcome and send you a letter outlining the details for either the entry level Commonwealth Home Support Programme or the additional support available through a Home Care Package. 

If approved for a Home Care Package, you will be placed on a national waitlist. My Aged Care will notify you in writing as soon as one is available. You may be offered Commonwealth Home Support services whilst you wait for your Home Care Package to be available. 


Step 3: Review Costs  

While the government subsidises a lot of the costs, there might be a contribution required based on your approved care type and personal circumstances. As any fees vary depending on your circumstances, it is best to contact us for more details or for more, visit for more. 


Step 4: Select your Home Care Provider  

You have the right to choose your home care provider. Bayside Care and Support offers home care services to Bayside City Council residents for entry level services as well as home care packages. Contact us on 03 9599 4632 to learn more about what we offer. 


Step 5: Commence your Home Care Services  

If we are your chosen provider we will notify My Aged Care that you are commencing services with Council and our team will work with you to develop a care plan. Call us on 03 9599 4632 to find out more. We also offer services to residents funded under the Veterans’ Home Care and Home and Community Care Program for younger people.   


Frequently Asked Questions

Contact us to find out more about accessing funded supports