Skip to main content

Changing Places locations: Well Street, Brighton and Thomas Street, Hampton

Bayside has two Changing Places toilets and change facilities to ensure people who can’t use a standard accessible toilet have the facilities they need, both in the Church Street shopping precinct and Thomas Street accessible playground.

Church Street location

There is an accessible car space adjacent to the facility. The facility can also be accessed from Church Street through the pedestrian walkway between 82 and 86 Church Street, opposite the pedestrian crossing.


Thomas Street location

The Changing Places facility is located within Thomas Street accessible playground Thomas Street Reserve, Thomas Street, Hampton.

There is a designated accessible parking space in Thomas Street, near the main entry to the park. On weekdays, there is usually ample parking directly across the road at the netball centre. Minibuses can also park at the netball centre, which is linked to the playground by a pedestrian crossing.

Two toilets - a Changing Places and a standard accessible bathroom.

What are Changing Places?

Changing Places facilities are larger than standard accessible toilets and have extra features and more space to meet the needs of people with complex disabilities and their carers.

This facility includes an adult-sized change table, tracking ceiling hoist, privacy screen, peninsular-shaped toilet, shower, and a wide access door. If you plan to use the hoist, you will need to bring your own sling.


To access the facility you will need a Master Locksmiths Access Key (MLAK), which people with a disability or their carers can apply for. The key allows people with a disability access to dedicated public facilities throughout Australia.

To apply for a key, download the form from the Master Locksmiths website and have it signed by a doctor, a disability organisation or a community health centre.

You can send the form and payment to the Master Locksmiths Association, or find one of their local members in Bayside via their website using the Enter Suburb/Postcode at the top of their page.