Check before you visit
Please note that Future Recycling have taken over operations of the transfer station at 144 Talinga Rd Cheltenham. As part of this new management of the facility, Future Recycling has committed to re-developing this site and modernising the facility. Future Recycling will continue to operate whilst these re-developments take place. There may be some disruptions to service during this phase so please contact Future Recycling to ensure they are accepting all items. Future Recycling can be reached on 13 73 29.
You can also check which items are currently being accepted at the Future Recycling Bayside Waste and Recycling Centre via the status updates.
When visiting the Waste and Recycling Centre:
- Drive directly to the weighbridge office, do not leave your vehicle, the centre's staff will come to you.
- Customers will be directed to appropriate disposal locations, you may then leave your vehicle for unloading.
- Always keep appropriate current social distance from others.
- Please follow instructions delivered by yard staff.
- Enclosed shoes must be worn.
What is accepted at the Waste and Recycling Centre?
Bayside residents can dispose of the following materials free of charge. Items must be separated and placed in designated areas:
- household batteries
- car batteries
- scrap metal and white goods
- household paint – empty or full paint tins up to 100 litres of trade or residential paints that adhere to Paintback's accepted product list.
- household fluorescent tubes (commercial quantities not accepted)
- household light globes compact fluorescent globes (commercial quantities not accepted)
- e-waste – printers, monitors, central processing units of computers.
*Please note that charges now apply to cardboard. Council recommends breaking boxes apart and using the Council kerbside collection when possible.
Fees and charges apply to the following
- general hard rubbish
- green waste
- building and demolition or renovation materials
- motor oil
- e-waste items.
Materials not accepted
- waste that can decay (e.g. food waste).
Open Monday to Saturday from 8am to 4pm. Closed Sundays and public holidays.
144 Talinga Road, Cheltenham VIC 3192
13 73 29
For other items register with Sustainability Victoria
For more toxic household items such as pool chemicals, pesticides, cooking oil and many other items register at any of Sustainability Victoria’s mobile collections held conveniently throughout the year.
To discover what other items are accepted visit Sustainability Victoria's website.
You can also contact Sustainability Victoria on 1300 363 744.