1. Display board permits are only issued for community events within the municipal boundaries of Bayside City Council.
2. Telephone enquiries are to be directed to the Amenity Protection Administration officers on telephone 9599 4626.
3. Phone bookings will be accepted, however tentative sites will be held for only seven days. If written confirmation is not received within seven days the tentative booking will lapse and applications will be accepted from other organisations for the use of the site.
4. Display signs may be erected fourteen days prior to the first day of event and must be dismantled within three days of completion of event.
5. Subject to compliance with guidelines and conditions written approval will be issued by the Manager of Amenity Protection.
6. Display signs are permitted at no more than one of the following sites:
- North east corner of Dendy Park, corner Nepean Highway and Dendy Street, Brighton
- Corner New Street and Glenhuntly Road, Brighton
- Corner Bent and St Kilda Streets, Brighton
- Corner South Concourse and Reserve Road, Beaumaris
- Bluff Road Car Park, opposite Karrakatta Street, Black Rock
Please note that the Brighton Baths site is no longer available for use.
7. The exact location and details of the proposed signs shall be to the satisfaction of the Manager of Amenity Protection.
8. The proposed signs shall not interfere with vehicle sight lines.
9. The applicant is to indemnify Council and take responsibility for any damage to person/s and/or property as a result of this use (a copy of the applicant’s policy indemnifying Council to the sum of ten million dollars is to be supplied to Council prior to erection of sign).
10. The proposed signs shall not exceed five square metres in area.
11. The signs shall be erected and maintained by the applicant to the satisfaction of the Manager of City Works.
12. The signs shall not be illuminated.
13. Reference to the sponsoring commercial firm is to be no more dominant than thirty (30) percent of the total billing.
14. The permit will be granted at the pleasure of the Manager of Amenity Protection which means that Council may at any time withdraw any permit without giving any reasons for such action, and if withdrawn the permit applicant must immediately remove, or cause to be removed, any signage erected.
15. A sample copy of proposed signage must be provided prior to the signs erection