To be able to claim a concession on your municipal rates and charges you must ensure that:
- You have any one of the eligible concession cards and your card is valid at the time of application.
- You are the person responsible for payment of the account.
- Your name is on the account.
- Your name and address on the account matches that on the concession card.
Eligible cards are
- Pensioner Concession Card – issued by Centrelink or Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card – War Widow (WW)
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card – Totally and Permanently Incapacitated (TPI)
Please note that health care and seniors cards are not accepted.
Apply for the concession
Please complete the application and include a copy of the front and back of your concession card.
Send your application to
enquiries [at] bayside.vic.gov.au (subject: Rates%20pension%20concession%20application)
Bayside City Council, PO Box 27, Sandringham VIC 3191.
Veterans' Affairs Gold Card
If you hold a Veterans' Affairs Gold Card for:
- Extreme Disablement Adjustment (EDA)
- Prisoner of War (POW)
you can apply via the Department of Health and Human Services website.
The Fire Services Property Levy Act 2012 provides a $50 concession on an eligible EDA and POW cardholder’s principal place of residence for the fire services levy.
For further information
Please go to the Department of Health and Human Services website.