To be able to claim a concession on your municipal rates and charges you must ensure that:
- You have any one of the eligible concession cards and your card is valid at the time of application.
- You are the person responsible for payment of the account.
- Your name is on the account.
- Your name and address on the account matches that on the concession card.
Eligible cards are
- Pensioner Concession Card – issued by Centrelink or Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card – War Widow (WW)
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card – Totally and Permanently Incapacitated (TPI)
Please note that health care and seniors cards are not accepted.
Apply for the concession
Please complete the application and include a copy of the front and back of your concession card.
Send your application to
enquiries [at] bayside.vic.gov.au (subject: Rates%20pension%20concession%20application)
Bayside City Council, PO Box 27, Sandringham VIC 3191.
Veterans' Affairs Gold Card
If you hold a Veterans' Affairs Gold Card for:
- Extreme Disablement Adjustment (EDA)
- Prisoner of War (POW)
you can apply via the Department of Veteran Affairs website.
The Fire Services Property Levy Act 2012 provides a $50 concession on an eligible EDA and POW cardholder’s principal place of residence for the fire services levy.
For further information
Please go to www.dva.gov.au.