Skip to main content

Immunisation information for new Bayside residents

Immunisation catch-up or child born overseas If you are new to Australia and are applying for enrolment to early childhood services or schools in Victoria, you will need to provide an Australian Immunisation Certificate.

Any immunisation provider (Council or GP) can notify AIR (Australian Immunisation Register) of your child's vaccinations received overseas and can also advise if there are any outstanding vaccinations. Each country varies in the number and types of vaccinations provided so it is important that these records are checked carefully by a qualified immunisation provider to ensure your child is up to date according to National Immunisation Schedule.


If you are travelling outside of Australia, it is advised you visit your GP at least one month prior to travel to get advice on vaccination for you and your children. You can find more information at the Better Health Channel website.