Permits for Out of Hours construction work
An out-of-hours permit must be obtained to carry out works during any period outside standard hours, under Neighbourhood Amenity Local Law 2021, Clause 55.
Any construction or building works are permitted to be carried out on a building site during the following hours:
- 7am to 6pm Monday to Friday
- 9am to 3pm Saturday
No building works can be carried out on a building site on a public holiday as defined by the Victorian Government's Public Holidays Act 1993.
An out-of-hours permit must be obtained to carry out works during any period outside of these hours.
How much does the permit cost?
$312 permit fee.
- If you have a Construction Management Plan (CMP) you must adhere to the endorsed construction work hours. To work outside these hours an amendment to the CMP should be applied for via Council’s Planning Department – 9599 4444.
- Allow 5 business days for your application to be assessed and a decision to be made.
- A permit cannot be issued to perform building works on a public holiday.
- If a permit is granted, the permit holder must provide a minimum of 2 business days notification to the occupants of adjoining residents and businesses within 200m radius of the location of works.
- Considerations for granting a permit include the reasons for needing to perform the works, the time of day or night, the length of time and intensity of the noise levels that will be emitted by the works.
- Failure to obtain a permit or comply with the permit conditions may result in an infringement.
How do I apply?
Complete the application to work outside construction hours (PDF, 134.69KB) and provide the required documents via email, post or in person. If your application is approved, the fee (if applicable) must be paid before the permit can be issued.
A permit must be obtained before working outside construction hours. To apply, email: AssetProtectionPermits@bayside.vic.gov.au or mail: PO Box 27, Sandringham VIC 3191.