We kick-started National Volunteer Week 2021 with an online Volunteering in Bayside Information Session.
Watch the recording to discover how you can give back to your community through the diverse range of volunteer opportunities available in Bayside.
Hear from Councillor and long-time Bayside volunteer, Fiona Stitfold. Discover the many benefits of volunteering, not only to the individual but also to the broader community. Learn about the many volunteer programs available with Bayside City Council and local volunteer organisations.
Bayside City Council manages a range of programs which rely on volunteers to deliver services to the Bayside community. We welcome volunteers of all ages and abilities and endeavour to match each individual with meaningful roles within the community.
Please note that in order to minimise the spread of COVID-19, some of Bayside City Council's volunteer programs are currently suspended until further notice. Vacant volunteer roles will be updated as we re-activate our volunteer programs over the coming months.
Bayside Volunteering posts up-to-date volunteering opportunities that exist in the community. These are positions which are hosted by not-for-profit and community organisations in Bayside.
Hear from some of our inspiring volunteers on the benefits of volunteering...
In short, we hope that volunteering with us will help you:
- Contribute to your community
- Help promote awareness of the needs and services in the community
- Learn new skills and gain confidence
- Be a significant part of a team
- Make new friends and have fun
- Gain satisfaction in the knowledge that volunteering really does make a difference
The Taking That Extra Step Manual offers organisations the opportunity to become more inclusive of people with intellectual disability.
The manual has been recently enhanced to cover:
- Case studies and stories of successful inclusive volunteer programs.
- An introduction to disability support practice.
- Updated policies and procedures for volunteer management.
For further information on volunteering with us, contact our Community Development Officer (03) 9599 4787, or volunteering [at] bayside.vic.gov.au (email Bayside Volunteering).