Volunteering for Bayside City Council
Volunteering is a fun and an easy way to explore your interests and passions. As a volunteer, you can make a significant contribution to various areas of community life.
Bayside City Council manages a range of programs which rely on volunteers to deliver services to the Bayside community. We welcome volunteers of all ages and abilities and endeavour to match each individual with meaningful roles within the community.
Other opportunities in the Bayside community
Bayside Volunteering posts up to date volunteer opportunities that exist in the general Bayside community. These are volunteer positions which are hosted by not-for-profit and community organisations in the Bayside municipality.
Benefits of volunteering
- Contribute to your community
- Help promote awareness of the needs and services in the community
- Learn new skills and gain confidence
- Be a significant part of a team
- Make new friends and have fun
- Gain satisfaction in the knowledge that volunteering really does make a difference
The following video highlights some volunteer opportunities and gives an insight into the diversity of some of the current volunteer roles.
Make your organisation more inclusive
The Taking That Extra Step Manual offers organisations the opportunity to become more inclusive of people with intellectual disability.
The manual has been recently enhanced to cover:
- Case studies and stories of successful inclusive volunteer programs.
- An introduction to disability support practice.
- Updated policies and procedures for volunteer management.
Download the manual from the resources section of www.bgkllen.org.au.
Get in touch
For further information on volunteering with us, contact our Community Development Officer (03) 9599 4711, or volunteering [at] bayside.vic.gov.au