Volunteering with Bayside City Council
Bayside City Council manages a range of programs which rely on volunteers to deliver services to the Bayside community. We welcome volunteers of all ages and abilities and endeavour to match each individual with meaningful roles within the community.
Please note that in order to minimise the spread of COVID-19, Bayside City Council's volunteer programs have been suspended until further notice. We will keep you up to date with any new information as it arrives.
Other opportunities in our community
Bayside Volunteering posts up-to-date volunteering opportunities that exist in the community. These are positions which are hosted by not-for-profit and community organisations in Bayside.
Benefits of volunteering
- Contribute to your community
- Help promote awareness of the needs and services in the community
- Learn new skills and gain confidence
- Be a significant part of a team
- Make new friends and have fun
- Gain satisfaction in the knowledge that volunteering really does make a difference
Make your organisation more inclusive
The Taking That Extra Step Manual offers organisations the opportunity to become more inclusive of people with intellectual disability.
The manual has been recently enhanced to cover:
- Case studies and stories of successful inclusive volunteer programs.
- An introduction to disability support practice.
- Updated policies and procedures for volunteer management.
Download the manual from the resources section of www.bgkllen.org.au.
Get in touch
For further information on volunteering with us, contact our Community Development Officer (03) 9599 4787, or volunteering [at] bayside.vic.gov.au