The amendment is now on public exhibition and open for comment. Please make your submission via email or post no later than 5pm Monday 11 November 2019.
What land is affected by C160?
Amendment C160 applies to all land within the Highett Structure Plan Area (JPG, 8.89MB) which is bounded by Dart Street in the north, the Frankston railway line in the east, Bay Road in the south and Middleton Street and Worthing Road in the in the west, excluding the commercial land directly abutting Bay Road.
What is the Highett Structure Plan?
The Highett Structure Plan sets out the long-term strategic vision and action plan for the area. Its role is to guide change in Highett over the next 20 years in relation to:
- future land use
- how people access and move around the area
- types and heights of buildings
- parks and open spaces
- improvements to infrastructure
- the character of the area
- biodiversity and sustainability.
The Highett Structure Plan was originally developed in 2004 and adopted in 2006. Since the structure plan was developed, land use and demographic change has occurred in Highett which means it is time to review and potentially make updates to the structure plan to ensure it remains current and relevant.
About Amendment C160
The Amendment updates the Bayside Planning Scheme by introducing new schedules to the residential zones in the structure plan area. Changes include:
- New height limits in some areas
- Smaller front garden setbacks
- An extension to the Highett shopping strip
To view a summary of the change for each precinct and a view a map of the precinct, you can view the information brochure here (PDF, 5.14MB).
The amendment is now on public exhibition, meaning it is open for comment. Please view the amendment documents below and then make your submission via email or post.
- Post to – Urban Strategy – Amendment C160, Bayside City Council, PO Box 27, Sandringham VIC 3191
- Email to – planningstrategy [at] bayside.vic.gov.au (please use ‘Amendment C160’ in the subject line)
The deadline for submissions is 5pm, Monday 11 November 2019.
Need tips on how to write a submission? – click here.
View the Amendment Documents Here
- The Amendment documents can be viewed from 5pm Thursday 11 October at the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website at www.planning.vic.gov.au/public-inspection
If you would like to find out more, please contact our Strategic Planning department on (03) 9599 4638 or email planningstrategy [at] bayside.vic.gov.au.