Early advocacy success
We welcome recent announcements on Bayside’s advocacy priorities by candidates in the upcoming Victorian election.
Friday 2 September 2022
Council is committed to working with our community’s elected representatives at all levels of government, regardless of party, to deliver on the aspirations of our community articulated in the Bayside 2050 Community Vision and 2021-25 Council Plan.
In the lead up to the 2022 Victorian election we are advocating for funding, service enhancements and policy innovation in key areas. We welcome recent pledges by candidates and parties in the upcoming election on our advocacy priorities including:
- Removal of Highett and Wickham Road level crossings – now pledged by Brad Rowswell MP, Victorian Liberals for Sandringham District
- Gender neutral upgrades of sports pavilions - $1.5million pledged by Brad Rowswell MP, Victorian Liberals for Sandringham District towards the upgrade of Trevor Barker Oval Pavilion
- A Minister for the Bay and greater action on coastal issues including erosion - $10 million pledged for the development of a comprehensive erosion plan for Port Phillip Bay by James Newsbury MP, Victorian Liberals for Brighton District
- Upgrade of the pedestrian railway crossing at the New/Dendy/Burrows Street roundabout in Brighton - a $2.8 million upgrade pledged by the Victorian Labor Government.
Read more about Bayside’s other advocacy priorities for the 2022 Victorian election
We will sharing election pledges and announcements for Bayside electorates over the course of the election campaign. We are committed to sharing announcements from all declared candidates equally – please email us details of official announcements to be included.
Other recent election pledges for Bayside electorates include:
- $25 million upgrade to Sandringham Hospital pledged by Brad Rowswell MP, Victorian Liberals
- Funding and greater protection for Ricketts Point Marine Sanctuary pledged by Brad Rowswell MP, Victorian Liberals
- A new police shopfront station in Brighton pledged by James Newbury MP, Victorian Liberals
- Upgrades of Hampton and Brighton Primary Schools pledged by James Newbury MP, Victorian Liberals.
Authorised by M.Cummins, 76 Royal Avenue Sandringham Victoria 3191