University or TAFE student placements
Youth Services student placement criteria
Student placements with Youth Services will only be considered where it is a course requirement of the relevant tertiary institution and based on a number of factors within Bayside City Council's student placement criteria:
- Student requirements, including times of availability
- Staff availability / commitments and expertise to supervise a student
- Number of requests received
- Ability to physically accommodate a student
All requests are determined on a case by case basis. Preference will be given to students who live or have significant ties to Bayside or are existing volunteers who have contributed to the service.
Who is eligible to undertake a student placement?
In order for the us to consider your student placement, you will need to:
- Be currently completing a tertiary, or vocational training course where work experience is a requirement.
- Have permission by your educational institution's Personal Accident Insurance and Public Liability Insurance to complete work experience.
- A current, clear working with children check - apply online here
- Satisfy a police check if successful in obtaining a student placement.
We will not be able to consider any applicants who do not meet the above criteria.
How do I apply and how long will my application take to process?
After submitting your application, we aim to get back to you within 2 weeks to inform you of availability and if an interview is to take place.
If successful you will be sent an email, along with any forms or documentation you are required to complete. Once this has been returned to us, and any checks are complete, we will send you a confirmation email including the pre-determined details of your placement. If you are unsuccessful, feedback will be provided.
If you have any questions about the process, please contact Youth Services on (03) 9599 4622 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register your interest below
*Youth Services are currently at capacity with placement students. We can take your application and keep it on record, however, cannot offer placements at this time.