Go to top of page

Immunisations we provide

We provide the following immunisations according to the National Immunisation Program.

Infants and children

Age Diseases
Birth Hepatitis B
2 months (can be given from 6 weeks) Diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis (whooping cough), hepatitis B, poliomyelitis, Haemophilus influenzae type b
4 months Diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, hepatitis B, poliomyelitis, Haemophilus influenzae type b
6 months Diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, hepatitis B, poliomyelitis, Haemophilus influenzae type b

12 months

Measles, mumps, rubella

Meningococcal ACWY

18 months

Measles, mumps, rubella, chickenpox

Haemophilus Influenza (if has not already received dose after age of 12 months)

4 years (can be given from 3 years and 6 months of age) Diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, poliomyelitis

12–13 years or Year 7 of secondary school

Human papillomavirus (HPV)
Diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis
Year 10 Meningococcal ACWY

Whooping cough vaccine for pregnant women and new parents

Free diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis (whooping cough) vaccine is currently recommended for:

  • All pregnant women from 28 weeks gestation to protect the mother and help protect the new baby from whooping cough from birth until their vaccines begin at 6–8 weeks. This is recommended during every pregnancy.
  • Any parent whose baby was born after 1 June 2015, up until the baby is 6 months old and have not had a diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis (whooping cough) vaccine in the last 10 years.
  • All partners of women who are at least 28 weeks pregnant if the partner has not received a pertussis (whooping cough) booster in the last ten years.
  • If you are a grandparent and wish to receive this vaccine, you may attend our offices to pay the cashier and bring your receipt to any of our infant sessions to receive the injection.

Flu vaccination

New Victorian Influenza Program for Children

Commencing in May 2018, the Victorian government is funding influenza vaccine for all children aged 6 months to less than 5 years.

Children in this age group are being offered the flu vaccine because they are more likely to get severe flu infections that require hospitalisation than older children, and sometimes these can be fatal. Young children with flu are also more likely to spread the infection to others. By protecting them we can also help protect other vulnerable people in the community, including babies too young to receive a flu vaccine (those aged less than six months) and the elderly.

Two doses of influenza vaccine are required, at least four weeks apart in the first year they receive the vaccine. Influenza vaccine can be given at the same time as other routine immunisations.

Influenza vaccine is also encouraged for older children and household contacts. Visit your local GP for advice and to purchase and receive this vaccine.

If your child has a chronic medical condition, it is strongly recommended that they have an annual influenza vaccination. 

Because the influenza virus changes (or mutates) slightly from year to year, your child will need a new and updated influenza vaccine at the beginning of each influenza season.

Immunisation session

We will be offering free influenza vaccine for children aged 6 months to less than 5 years at all of their community immunisation sessions.

Appointments are not necessary HOWEVER following unprecedented demand for flu vaccines this year, supplies of the flu vaccine are becoming short across all Australian States and Territories.

To avoid disappointment, please phone through to Bayside immunisation department on 95994755 on the day prior to attending our immunisation sessions, to determine if we will have stock of influenza vaccine for your child. 

This shortage is being seen in both the private and government funded areas and across most types of influenza vaccines available from pharmaceutical companies. Because of this shortage, the Victorian Government is asking all immunisation providers to ensure that people in particular risk groups are given priority for receiving flu vaccine.

Unfortunately, the supply of influenza vaccines, is now beyond our control, but we will endeavour to communicate with parents if the situation changes in the near future.

The Better Health Channel provides quality assured information and fact sheets about immunisation, infectious diseases and vaccines.

Vaccine reactions

If you or your child experiences any severe or unexpected reactions following any vaccination they must be reported to Saefvic who monitor all vaccine-related reactions in Victoria. This can be done by contacting us on (03) 9599 4755 or you can report reactions directly via the SaefVic website.

Year 7 and Year 10 secondary school vaccinations

Our immunisation nurses visit all secondary schools in Bayside to deliver the Secondary Schools Vaccination Program.

Students will be offered in Year 7:

  • HPV - Gardasil9 (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Boostrix (Adolescent Diphtheria, Tetanus and Pertussis)

Students will be offered in Year 10:

  • Meningococcal ACWY 

Information packs were sent home with your child. Please read the information carefully, complete the consent card and send it back to school. It is important to send the card back to school even if you do not consent for the vaccines to be given.

You can download information packs or Secondary School Vaccine Program consent cards at www.immunehero.health.vic.gov.au

You can learn more about the diseases, vaccines, and how you can prepare your child for vaccination at the following websites:

Immunisation history or school certificate

The Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) keeps a record of your child's immunisations from birth to 19 years of age.

You will automatically receive a history statement from the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) when your child turns five years old. However, if you have not received the statement or if you have misplaced your statement you can request a certificate at any time at the Medicare website. Alternatively, you can contact Medicare on:


Make sure that Medicare and AIR have your current address details so that you receive your child's history statement. If you are moving, or have recently moved, contact them to update your contact details.