Do I need a planning permit?
You will need a planning permit to:
- Develop a single dwelling and buildings and works to an existing dwelling (PDF, 245.12KB)
- Develop 2 to 5 dwellings (PDF, 246.79KB)
- Develop 6 or more dwellings (PDF, 339.72KB)
- Remove, destroy or lop 2 or more trees (PDF, 235.13KB)
- Use only (including - liquor licence, car parking/ loading and unloading of vehicles/ bicycle parking reduction, advertising signage) (PDF, 237.94KB)
- Construct a front fence in a residential zone (PDF, 282.52KB)
- Remove, destroy or lop a tree (PDF, 73.11KB)
- Minor subdivision, minor buildings and works, pruning or tree lopping in a heritage overlay (PDF, 260.84KB)
- Minor subdivision or construct a building or works in a Special Building Overlay (PDF, 482.39KB)
- Display a sign in a commercial or industrial zone (PDF, 283.21KB)
- Reduce a car parking requirement (PDF, 243.76KB)
- Reduce or waive loading/unloading requirements (PDF, 243.92KB)
- Subdivision of land, removal or variation of an easement and removal or variation of a registered restrictive covenant via the SPEAR website.
The above list is only an indication, there are additional reasons why a planning permit may be required, e.g. signage, change of use, liquor licence.
Please contact the Planning Department on (03) 9599 4666 for further advice. To submit an application for planning information - please refer to our planning forms page.