Do I need a planning permit?
You will need a planning permit to:
- Develop a single dwelling and buildings and works to an existing dwelling (PDF, 245.12KB)
- Develop 2 to 5 dwellings (PDF, 246.79KB)
- Develop 6 or more dwellings (PDF, 339.72KB)
- Remove, destroy or lop 2 or more trees (PDF, 235.13KB)
- Use only (including - liquor licence, car parking/ loading and unloading of vehicles/ bicycle parking reduction, advertising signage) (PDF, 237.94KB)
- Construct a front fence in a residential zone (PDF, 282.52KB)
- Remove, destroy or lop a tree (PDF, 73.11KB)
- Minor subdivision, minor buildings and works, pruning or tree lopping in a heritage overlay (PDF, 260.84KB)
- Minor subdivision or construct a building or works in a Special Building Overlay (PDF, 482.39KB)
- Display a sign in a commercial or industrial zone (PDF, 283.21KB)
- Reduce a car parking requirement (PDF, 243.76KB)
- Reduce or waive loading/unloading requirements (PDF, 243.92KB)
- Subdivision of land, removal or variation of an easement and removal or variation of a registered restrictive covenant via the SPEAR website.
The above list is only an indication, there are additional reasons why a planning permit may be required, e.g. signage, change of use, liquor licence. Please contact the Planning Department on (03) 9499 5666 for further advice and/or submit an:
- Application for planning information (DOCX, 342.73KB)
- Application for planning information (PDF, 31.96KB)
A Council Planning Officer is on duty to respond to telephone queries and a Customer Focus Planner is available if you wish to lodge your application in person.