Bayside City Council offers two funding streams.
- The Annual Community Grants program, closed for 2017/18.
- Grants for purpose, offering targeted funding opportunities year round.
How are submissions evaluated?
Grants will be considered for initiatives by eligible community groups that meet the objectives of the Bayside Council Grants Policy and the Annual Community Grants Guidelines 2017/18.
Bayside Council Grants Policy (DOCX, 128.58KB)
Annual Community Grants Guidelines 2017/18 (PDF, 380.52KB)
Applications will be evaluated against the criteria contained in the guidelines and assessed by our officers on:
- evidence of need;
- fit with policies and priorities, particularly the Wellbeing for All Ages and Abilities Strategy 2013-2017 (PDF, 1.19MB) (see the goals on pages 16 to 20);
- community involvement and inclusion;
- equity and access for the community;
- environmental sustainability; and
- overall expected benefits.
Grants will not be made for
- ongoing core operational costs such as salaries, training, facility maintenance, insurance, rent, utilities, infrastructure, capital projects and rubbish removal etc;
- initiatives that receive significant funding from another funding agency or are the responsibility of State or Federal government;
- fundraising for or by philanthropic foundations or charities;
- activities that form part of a school's curricular or extracurricular program and;
- organisations which have an outstanding debt to Council or have not satisfactorily acquitted a previous grant.
Do you require assistance with an online application?
If you have any online application issues please refer to the help guide and the Applicant Frequently Asked Questions. If further assistance is required contact the SmartyGrants Help Desk on (03) 9320 6888 or email service [at] smartygrants.com.au.
Do you have a question about making a submission?
Bayside's Grants Officer is available for contact on (03) 9599 4413, or grants [at] bayside.vic.gov.au available 9am to 5pm weekly.
Want to find other grant opportunities?
You can search on the Grants Victoria website for all current grant opportunities.