Displaying a Bayside Beach Parking Permit allows you to park free in all off-street car parks located along the foreshore and paid parking sections of Beach Road/Esplanade from Charman Road in Beaumaris to Head Street in Brighton. Read the full conditions of use.
Two free permits are issued to each household with your rate notice every 3 years. If your permits aren't delivered with your rate notice, please let us know.
Permits are valid from the date of issue until 30 October 2023.
I received my rates via email and need my beach parking permits
Purchase additional parking permits
Additional parking permits can be purchased for $186 (pro rata to the date of purchase) upon supplying vehicle registration notices proving the number of vehicles garaged at the property.
Request additional permits
Replacement parking permits
If you need to replace your permit because your current permit is faulty (no longer sticks to the windscreen), we will provide you with a replacement permit free of charge. You will need to post us your faulty permit and the replacement one will be issued.
Post your faulty permit to:
PO Box 27
Sandringham VIC 3191
Please include the following information:
- Your name
- Your Bayside address
Lost your permit?
Looking after the Beach Parking Permit is the responsibility of the recipient. If the beach parking permit is lost or has been misplaced you will need to purchase an additional permit/s.
For further information contact us on (03) 9599 4444.
Permits are transferable. If you are changing your car, please remove the permit and place it in your new car.
The permit does not guarantee the availability of a parking space. Motorists must park in accordance with regulation or any other signed restrictions, for example, time limit.
Conditions of use Beach Parking Permits
- Displaying a Bayside Beach Parking Permit allows you to park free in all off-street car parks located along the foreshore and paid parking sections of Beach Road/Esplanade from Charman Road in Beaumaris to Head Street in Brighton.
- A valid Beach Parking Permit must be clearly affixed to the inside bottom corner of the passenger side of the windscreen of your vehicle.
- Failure to correctly display your Beach Parking Permit will not exempt you from parking fees and may result in a fine if fees are not paid.
- Please ensure that you comply with any time restrictions displayed upon entry to the car parking area.
- Beach Parking Permits are not valid in any other location and do not allow the holder to park in a space such as a 'No Stopping' area.
- Beach Parking Permits do not apply to residential streets.
- Vehicles must park in marked bays only.
- Your three year parking permits are valid from the date of receipt to October 2023.
- Permits are transferable from vehicle to vehicle. If you change vehicles please remove your permit and affix it to your new vehicle.
- Additional permits can be purchased for a fee.
Apply for additional permits