Skip to main content

Parking fine reviews

Find out about your rights and responsibilities and how to request an infringement review.

Who can apply for a parking fine to be reviewed?

  • The registered owner
  • The driver responsible for the vehicle at the time of the offence
  • A person who has been formally nominated as the driver or
  • An authorised representative 

Can I see my infringement details?

You can view the infringement details including any photos that may have been taken online. You will need your infringement number and vehicle registration number. This information can help you decide on what action to take to resolve your fine.

View your parking fine

How to request an infringement review

You can learn about requesting an infringement review on our 'How to request an infringement review' web page. 

Once we receive your application, your fine will be put on hold so you don't incur any additional costs. We endeavour to provide a decision as soon as possible, typically within two weeks. However, during peak periods reviews may take longer. Legislation allows for 90 days to respond.

How to request an infringement review

Request a review by mail

To request a review by mail, the following information is required:

  • your name and address
  • your contact telephone number 
  • the infringement number
  • your vehicle registration number
  • an explanation or appeal 

Your appeal will be reviewed by our Infringement Review team and an answer will be sent in writing, to the return contact details provided with your application.

If you were not the person in control of the vehicle at the time of the infringement, you will need to fill in an operator owner onus form supplying us with the name and address of the person that was in control of the vehicle at the time of offence.

Send your application to:
The Appeals Officer
Bayside City Council
PO Box 27
Sandringham VIC 3191

Submit an infringement review request using our online form

Apply for an infringement review

Were you not in possession or control of the vehicle at the time of the offence?

You can nominate the person who was in possession or control of the vehicle via our online form.

Nominate another driver for a parking fine

Request to be heard in court

You must be the registered owner of the vehicle to complete this request. You can decline to be dealt with under these enforcement provisions, and request to have the matter dealt with by a court.

Request to be heard in court

Payment arrangements

Looking for an alternative payment arrangement? You can request an extension to the existing due date, or you can request to go onto a payment plan.

Request an alternative payment arrangement

Make a payment

Pay a fine