You can report an area where concrete, asphalt or brick paved footpath panels:
- are raised
- are broken or damaged from tree roots
- are showing natural wear and tear causing surface to break up
- have damaged pit surrounds or lids
- have any other footpath maintenance issues.
To report a footpath that is damaged or raised, please fill out the report a raised or damaged footpath form.
We maintain all roads within the municipality apart from the main arterial roads below. If you see a pothole, please fill out the report a pothole form.
Blocked drain pipes
We carry out an annual program of high pressure jetting, root cutting and cleaning of drainage pipelines. Every line is required to be visited at least once in a 3 year period. Certain areas in Beaumaris and Brighton have been identified as requiring visiting on a more regular basis due to capacity issues.
We don't maintain
Nature strips in front of private properties are the responsibility of the property owner or occupier.
We run a tree planting program where you can request a nature strip tree.
The cost of construction and maintenance of vehicle crossings is the full responsibility of the property owner.
If an existing vehicle crossing is damaged or impacted by either Council works, the maintenance of Council assets or tree root incursion from a Council tree, Council will undertake the appropriate replacement or repair of the vehicle crossing to a level, consistent with the extent of impact on the vehicle crossing or damage incurred.
House storm water pipes
Are the responsibility of the property owner, from the down pipe to the Council drainage pipe or kerb and channel.
Main arterial roads
VicRoads manages all maintenance on the main arterial roads in Bayside. This includes:
- road signs
- kerb and channel
- road opening permits on the arterial road surface
- dead animals
- all trees on the central median (except on South Road).
The roads managed by VicRoads in Bayside are:
- Balcombe Road, Black Rock to Beaumaris
- Bay Road, Sandringham to Cheltenham
- Beach Road, Brighton to Beaumaris
- Bluff Road, Hampton to Black Rock
- Centre Road, Brighton East
- Cummins Road, Brighton East
- Glen Huntly Road, Brighton
- Hampton Street, Brighton East to Hampton
- Hawthorn Road, Brighton East
- Nepean Highway, Brighton to Hampton East
- North Road, Brighton to Brighton East
- St Kilda Street, Brighton
- South Road, Brighton to Brighton East
- The Esplanade, Brighton
To report a road issue, please contact VicRoads.
The maintenance of street lighting is managed by United Energy. If there is a street light fault, please contact United Energy.