Go to top of page

Planning permit fees

This is a summary of the fees prescribed under the Planning and Environment (Fees) Regulations 2000. To obtain the complete wording of individual fee regulations and other regulations reference should be made to the Regulations. These regulations are available at Department of Premier and Cabinet

Download our planning fees

You can download our current planning fees as a PDF or Word document:

Drainage Development Contributions Plan 

The Drainage Development Contributions Plan requires multi-dwelling, new commercial and non-residential development to pay a levy toward the cost of upgrading Bayside's municipal drainage network.

Levies must be paid when applications for planning permits (including subdivision) are approved. The drainage levy charge sheet (DOCX, 130.52KB)is to be filled out and submitted with the payment. Plans will not be endorsed until payment has been made. 

The levy amount payable in 2017 is:

  • $2,000 for each additional ground floor dwelling
  • $1,000 for each additional flat/apartment or upper floor dwelling
  • $520 per 100 square metres of additional gross building floor area or per 100 square metres of site area, whichever is the lesser, for new commercial development on land zoned Commercial
  • $2,000 per 600 square metres of site area for new non-residential development on land zoned residential

Use the Development Contributions Calculator (XLSX, 11.45KB)

Development exempt from paying the levy

The following types of development are exempt from paying the levy:

  • One dwelling on a block of land that has not been subdivided
  • One new dwelling that replaces an existing dwelling
  • Additions or extensions to dwellings
  • Commercial development that does not increase the existing building floor area 
  • Development on public land that is to be used for a public purpose in the future

View the Drainage Development Contributions Plan