Who are the Bayside Youth Ambassadors?
The Bayside Youth Ambassadors are a committee of local young people who aim to:
- Create positive change, with young people acting as leaders and role models within the community
- Build confidence, skills and knowledge in young people, including leadership, communication, team work and advocacy skills
- Promote young people as being integral members of the community
- Include young people from diverse backgrounds in decision-making processes
- Provide consultation to a variety of internal Bayside City Council stakeholders regarding projects or service development, which have an impact on the community
The committee is open to young people 12 – 25 years who have a connection to the City of Bayside.
By getting involved you will
- Represent the youth voice in Bayside
- Meet other like-minded young leaders
- Create innovative projects that positively impact young people
- Develop new skills
- Have fun in a team environment
Where will meetings be held
Meet monthly at the Council Chambers, Civic Centre, 15 Boxshall Street Brighton.
Snacks and drinks provided.
How to get involved
Complete the online application form by clicking on the 'express interest’ button below (it will take approximately 5 minutes).