Peterson Youth Centre is a facility used primarily for Council led programs and events, community based programs, and occasional use by Not-for-profit organisations who have a focus on young people.
If you would like to find out if you/your group could use this centre please read through the Frequently Asked Questions, apply to use Peterson Youth Centre below, and a Youth Services team member will be in touch.
For more information on booking other council halls or open spaces visit Booking a hall or open space page, or booking a meeting room at Brighton or Sandringham Libraries visit Book a meeting room at the library page.
Location: Corner of Highett Road and Peterson Street, Highett 3191.
Contact: Youth_Services@bayside.vic.gov.au or call during office hours, Monday – Friday, 8.30am to 5pm call 9599 4622, or after hours call 9599 4444.
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to hire Peterson Youth Centre?
The use of the centre is free of charge for community groups and volunteer based groups. We do not hire the Peterson Youth Centre to private organisations and/or Not-for-profits that include venue hire fees as part of their funding agreements.
For more information on booking other halls or open spaces visit Booking a hall or open space page, for information on booking a meeting room at Brighton or Sandringham Libraries visit Book a meeting room at the library page
Please note we may request documentation that proves your organisations status before allowing a discount to be applied. Charges may change without notice.
What spaces / facilities & equipment does Peterson Youth Centre have?
- Main space
- Small room 1
- Small room 2
- Group work room 1
Equipment & facilities in each space
Groups are welcome to use the facilities. Items are expected to be put back in place after use, and to repair or replace any equipment should damage occur during the hire period.
- Heating/air conditioning units
- Male, female, and wheelchair accessible toilets
- Tea/coffee making facilities: urn, mugs & cutlery (BYO tea/coffee/milk)
- Wheelchair accessible venue
- Hardwood floors
- Ceiling fans
- Seven couches (seats 16)
- Five tables on wheels
- Two trestle tables
- Two table tennis tables
- One pool table
- One foosball table
- Three square café tables with nine chairs
- One large table with two bench seats
- Projector screen (BYO laptop & HDMI cable)
- Carpeted flooring
- One x 2 seater couch
- One coffee table
- Two armchairs
- Linoleum flooring
- Stainless steel benches
- Crockery and cutlery
- Electric oven / cooktop
- Basic cooking equipment (Baking trays, pots, pans, measuring cups and utensils)
- Fridge / freezer (however food items may not be stored in the fridge outside of hire times)
- Some small electrical equipment (mixers, blenders, food processors and toaster)
- Cleaning supplies
- Dishwasher (all dishes must be returned to original place at the conclusion of the hire time. Dishes cannot be left in the dishwasher overnight).
- Optional storage tubs to keep items at the Centre
- Carpeted flooring
- 8 Bean bag style loungers
- Blinds for privacy
- Smart TV
What do hirers need to bring when using the Peterson Youth Centre?
- Consumables (such as food, milk)
- Tea towels (if undertaking cooking activity)
- PA equipment
- HDMI cable to connect to the projector
- Any program supplies needed to run their specific activity
Do I need to provide a cleaner?
We expect the facility to be returned to the condition in which it was found.
Photographs are displayed on the green room window for reference, a checklist and map will be provided to remind you of what to do on your departure.
Will we need to share the space or can the entire centre be hired?
The whole centre can be booked entirely, however co-use is encouraged to allow multiple users to book in vacant spaces at the same time.
Please be aware aware that Peterson Youth Centre is a council emergency centre on rare occasions, and can be used for this purpose at any time.
Who do I contact in case of an emergency?
During office hours Monday – Friday, 8.30am - 5:00pm: 9599 4622.
After hours: 9599 4444.
For entry issues ensure that your swipe has been updated at a 'hotspot'.