Who is eligible to undertake a student placement?
In order for the us to consider your student placement, you will need to:
- Be currently completing a tertiary, or vocational training course where work experience is a requirement.
- Have permission by your educational institution's Personal Accident Insurance and Public Liability Insurance to complete work experience.
- A current, clear working with children check - apply online here
- Satisfy a police check if successful in obtaining a student placement.
We will not be able to consider any applicants who do not meet the above criteria.
How do I apply and how long will my application take to process?
After submitting your application, we aim to get back to you within 2 weeks to inform you of availability and if an interview is to take place.
If successful you will be sent an email, along with any forms or documentation you are required to complete. Once this has been returned to us, and any checks are complete, we will send you a confirmation email including the pre-determined details of your placement. If you are unsuccessful, feedback will be provided.
What are the expected placement hours?
We do not offer full-time placements (i.e. 5 days per week) and recommend 2 to 3 days per week.
The hours of a student placement will be arranged through consultation with the Youth Services Team Leader. It should be noted that services may be delivered outside of standard office hours.
What is the appropriate dress attire?
Casual clothing that is comfortable but appropriate for office wear. Clothing must not display inappropriate words or symbols, this includes but is not limited to:
- drug related
- pornographic clothing
- clothing displaying vulgar language
- midriff or tank tops
- flip-flops and athletic wear.
A Youth Services uniform will be provided and is to be worn when attending programs or activities involving young people.
Register your interest
We are currently at capacity with placement students, we can take your application and keep it on record, but cannot offer you a placement.
If you have any questions about the process please contact Youth Services on (03) 9599 4622 or youth_services [at] bayside.vic.gov.au.